Green Lens competition
Terms and conditions of entry
- The competition is open to any individual between the ages of 16 - 25 years who lives in Birmingham postcode on the day the competition closes.
- An image or video will be rejected if in the opinion of Ampersand Projects it appears that the image/s have been taken in an unlawful or irresponsible way or contains explicit or harmful imagery. Ampersand Projects reserve the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
- All entries must be submitted digitally via the Green Lens website, any other method of entry will not be accepted.
- There is a limit to the number of categories an individual entrant can enter, a maximum of 6 photographs and 3 video clips.
- Each video clip must be no longer than one minute thirty seconds in length.
- A panel of judges will select photographs and video for the exhibition based upon how the entries meet the brief, originality and creativity. Judging will be anonymous. They will assess entries and a shortlist will be announced following the closing date. Winning entries selected for exhibition will be contacted and will then have approximately 10 days to supply a high-resolution file.
- The decision of the judges is final and Ampersand Projects cannot provide feedback on entries.
Copyright and permissions
By submitting images and video to the Green Lens competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
1. They are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
2. They own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
3. They have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Green Lens and will indemnify Ampersand Projects, ecobirmingham and the Green Lens project against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
4. They have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Green Lens; and they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Green Lens and will indemnify Green Lens against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
5. By entering the competition, you grant Ampersand Projects and ecobirmingham and its supporters a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images and textual content for any purpose directly connected with the competition. This may include, but is not limited to: display at exhibitions; display on a web browser for judging purposes; on the Green Lens website and on the websites of partners and supporters; on social media used by Green Lens, its partners and supporters; for use in releases to be distributed to press and other media giving information about or promoting the competition.
6. Entrants agree that the organisers can sub-license images to the media for reproduction in connection with the competition and exhibition only. Ampersand Projects will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
7. Entrants retain the copyright to images submitted.
Ampersand Projects and ecobirmingham bears no responsibility for loss, damage or injury incurred as a result of participation and/or involvement in the Green Lens competition.
Privacy and your personal data
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of entering the Green Lens competition which will include where applicable your name, age, phone number and email address;
- Information that you have consented to provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters; any other information that you choose to send to us. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
If you have any questions about the Terms and Conditions of the Green Lens project please contact us - Kate.Andrews@ampersandprojects.org. Please inform us by email if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected, updated or deleted. We will promptly make such amendments.